Absolutely! The classes are structured to roll with the seasons. At the commencement of each term we have a new focus, new postures and movements to facilitate harmony within your body and mind. Each class is offered to suit the needs of the students within the group.
Burwood Community Yoga courses are extremely popular and class numbers are limited to ensure personalised attention. You need to book your place for the 10 week term to secure your place each week. Unfortunately there is no room for casual or drop in students when the classes are full. Please contact Kelli to enquire about available spots in the classes.
Not anymore 🙁
Japanese Yoga is a fun and dynamic form of yoga therapy that integrates traditional Hatha Yoga with meridian based healing arts of Japan based on the Five Element Theory (Yin and Yang principles). The human body is made of the same five primary elements that exist in nature – Wood (spring), Fire (summer), Earth (late summer), Metal (autumn) & Water (winter). Each element relates to different organs, energy systems, physical and psychological aspects of who we are. In class we access the meridians (energy pathways in the body that relate to each organ) through particular movements and postures. This form of therapeutic yoga improves the functioning and structure of the body by correcting qi flow to harmonise the body, mind and spirit.
Here are some helpful hints to allow for an enjoyable yoga experience.
1. Come to class with an empty stomach, don’t eat at least 1.5 hrs before you practice yoga.
2. Wear something comfortable to move in.
3. Bring your own mat or borrow one of ours if you don’t own one.
4. Arrive at least 10 minutes before class to sign in and settle down into your mat. Doors will open 15 minutes prior to class.
5. Leave your shoes at the door.
6. Any health conditions or injuries it is your responsibility to let the teacher know before each class.
7. Please keep talking to a minimum to respect your fellow yogis who are preparing for the class.
8. Only do what feels right for you – if you choose not to participate in a movement please move into the easiest rest pose, close your eyes and continue with your breathing sequence until you are ready to join in again.
9. Once term has commenced there are no refunds or transfers to future terms. Please see T & C’s here.
10. The teachers are here to help and support your yoga journey so please let them know if you have any concerns.